Joining the Club
Dunfermline Amateur Swimming Club is always happy to hear from new swimmers whether they have been a member of a swimming club before or are members of another club looking for a change.
Our squads are structured to encourage progress and develop swimmers of varying abilities. The minimum requirement for our beginners "Dolphins" squads is to be 5 years old and be able to swim a minimum of 5 metres unaided.
Please note that some squads operate a waiting list so there may be a wait until a place can be offered.
Becoming a Member:
The Coaches will be asked to arrange a trial (usually the last Friday of a month at 7pm in Carnegie Leisure Centre) to ensure we place the swimmer in the right squad for their ability.
The Squad coaches will advise which squad is appropriate and the Membership Secretary will contact you with joining details or to let you know if there is a waiting list for your squad.
The Joiners Process:
Once a trial has taken place and you accept an offer to join the club the following process should be followed:
- Register with DASC on the Scottish Amateur Swimming Association online membership system. You MUST do this within 28 days of training with the club (you run the risk of invalidating our club insurance if you don’t follow this rule).
- Complete the New Swimmer Registration Form and return to the Membership Secretary. (scan and email or pass the paper copy to a coach or committee member)
- Pay the annual SASA fee to the club.
- Set up a direct debit for the monthly squad training fees.
If the swimmer is moving from another club:
- The swimmer must log into the Scottish Amateur Swimming Association (SASA) and start the process of club transfer.
If the swimmer has previously been registered with Scottish Swimming but is not currently a member: