Joining the Club
Dunfermline Amateur Swimming Club is always happy to hear from new swimmers whether they have been a member of a swimming club before or are members of another club looking for a change.
Our squads are structured to encourage progress and develop swimmers of varying abilities. The minimum requirement for our beginners "Dolphins" squads is to be 5 years old and be able to swim a minimum of 5 metres unaided.
At different times of the year the club will operate a waiting list for some squads depending on the number of enquiries we receive and the number of places available in each squad.
If you are interested click here to submit your query, and JoinUs.
Becoming a Member:
To enquire about joining DASC please click the JoinUs link above and email the club. You will be asked for the swimmer's details; name, age, DoB, swimming ability and any lessons or club experience.
The coaches will be asked to arrange a trial to ensure we place the swimmer in the right squad for their ability. Should the trial go well the membership process can start. Please note that some squads operate a waiting list so there may be a wait until a trial can be arranged.
The Joiners Process:
Once a trial has taken place and the swimmer decides to join the club the following process should be followed:
- Register with DASC on the Scottish Amateur Swimming Association online membership system. You MUST do this within 28 days of your trial with the club (you run the risk of invalidating our club insurance if you don’t follow this rule).
- Complete the DASC Club New Swimmer Form and pass this back to the Membership Secretary. (scan and email or pass the paper copy to a coach or committee member)
- Pay the annual SASA fee to the club.
- Set up a direct debit for the monthly squad training fees.
If the swimmer is moving from another club:
- The swimmer must log into the Scottish Amateur Swimming Association (SASA) and start the process of club transfer.
Details regarding fees can be found on the link here.